Top 10 Fiber Foods
Most people do not get enough Fiber in their daily diet.. Recently my SIL was admitted in the hospital due to severe pains. She found out that she has an extreamly low Fiber count. There is a name for it, but it has escaped me at the moment.
We should aim for about 30 grams a day, more if you want to lose weight..Kids should aim for 14 grams. Most people only get around 7 grams, if that! For people who get colon cancer, they were not getting enough fiber, and since Colon cancer is even more popular nowadays with women then breast cancer. I think it is pretty important to make sure we get our daily intake. You want to keep your colon clean inside. Fiber will do just that. It is like a pressure washer for your colon. Sure, you can take those fiber pills, or the powdered stuff that you mix with water, but that stuff all has “other” UNhealthy ingrediants in it, besides the fiber. So, if at all possible, it is best to go straight to the God Given source. As fiber works its way through your digestive system, it grabs fats and carries them all the way through to the colon, where fat & fiber cling together,then water is extracted, and it is all eliminated from the body in one clean sweep.
Here is a list of the top ten foods to include in your diet to be sure that you are getting what you need. Both Men, and women.
1. Beans!!! One cup of black beans,OR Garbanzo beans have 14 grams of fiber. Soy Beans have 24 grams of fiber PER cup! WOW! Pinto beans have 12 grams of fiber per cup, and Kidney beans have 8 grams of fiber per cup.1/2 cup lentils have 8 grams.
2. Bran muffins!!! You get 4 grams of fiber per muffin. If it is a jumbo muffin, you get 8 grams!
3. Peas!!! 1/2 cup has 9 grams of fiber.
4. Corn on the cob!!! 5 grams of fiber per ear.
5. Berries!!! A cup of strawberries- 3 grams of fiber. Raspberries have 4 grams per cup.
6.Potatoes!!! 5 grams per medium potato. Serve a jumbo size potatoe for a meal, and you have 10 grams. But, be sure to eat the skin, because that is where the fiber is..
7.Figs!!! 3 dried figs equal 10 1/2 grams of fiber, while 5 dried prunes only have 5 grams of fiber for the same amount of fruit.
8. Broccoli!!! 3/4 of a cup of broccoli has 7 grams of fiber.
9.Oats!!! 7 grams of fiber in 3/4 cup serving.
10.Apples!!! One medium apple has 4 grams of fiber. A small banana has 3 grams.