I’ve been sick in bed this past week and it’s given me a time to reflect on the last ten years of my life.
My birthday is coming up next month, which makes me well aware, that half of my life is probably over. Providing, I live to be a ripe old age.
Ten years ago I hoped I’d make it to age seventy. But as you get older, and really start enjoying who you are, and how much of life there is still to live, you want to live a longer life. You want to see more. Do more. Experience more!
At least that’s how it’s been for me.
Looking back at my life ten years ago, I was a mess! I thought I had it all figured out, but looking back only ten years ago, danggg! I was a mess! But I’m really alright with coming to this conclusion ten years later.
Some things that I would have liked to tell myself ten years ago:
1. Stop giving people your time who do not value it. Save it for the people who do.
2. Don’t get so upset over things that are out of your control.
3. Be a leader, never follow. (Unless it’s Christ.)
4. Be comfortable with who you are.
5. Do what you love, even if it’s not everyone’s cup of tea, or even if you suck at it. If you enjoy it, do it! 😉
And that’s probably it. Nothing too major.
Now back to sleep. I have a big day tomorrow, which means mind over matter, theraflu, and a smile. 🙂
We are celebrating my daughters 21rst Birthday in style tomorrow. Just thinking about her, and how far she has come in this past year. Makes my eyes tear up.
I’m so proud of her. I’ve managed to raise a Boss Girl! She’s just remarkable.